Have you noticed the appearance of your child’s teeth is affecting their confidence?
There are times when cosmetic dentistry for children can improve their smile and boost their confidence and self-esteem. The results both emotionally and physically can be quite striking.
If a child cracks or breaks a tooth from an accident or sporting injury, they may feel shy about how it looks, especially if it is one of the front teeth. It’s possible they are teased at school or feel sensitive and feel self-conscious about how the tooth looks. In this case, cosmetic dentistry is an easy way to fix the problem.
Or your child might have misaligned, missing or damaged teeth caused by hereditary reasons. Again cosmetic dentistry can be a way to make their smile perfect again.
Damage from thumb sucking
After an examination and X-rays, we might recommend the following treatment options:
- White fillings can conceal cavity damage and also prevent new cavities from growing.
- Teeth whitening can bring stained, discolored or yellow teeth back to the color of the other white teeth to improve the appearance of the patient’s smile.
- Bonding works well on teeth that are stained, discolored, broken or cracked.
- Crowns can be used on cracked, damaged or broken teeth to restore the original appearance.
- Veneers can be used on peg lateral incisors, on teeth that have been badly broken or that are unevenly spaced.
- Braces are usually only recommended from the age of nine and up but are a very effective way to fix crooked and misaligned teeth.
At Kakar Dental Group, our team is very experienced in cosmetic dentistry for children. Pediatric dentistry is our specialty and we excel in this rewarding area of dental care.
So contact our pediatric dentist in Tyson, Falls Church any time to discuss how we can help your little one smile with absolute confidence again.