Pediatric orthodontics is a special branch of pediatric dentistry which deals specifically with the braces and Invisalign for the children. Pediatric orthodontic children’s dentistry refers to the dealing with the specific teeth alignment problems for the children during their early 7 to 10 years. The most common oral problems related to orthodontics and children’s dentistry are braces, Invisalign and other aligners for the children’s teeth, and during the transitional phase between the milk teeth and the permanent teeth. Pediatric orthodontics and dentistry specialists are specially trained for the children’s behaviors. They are not just normal orthodontics but they are ethically well equipped to handle little patients’ mood swings and to encourage them during the surgery.
There are several types of pediatric orthodontics available. Parents must know the difference between different pediatric orthodontics and their specific specializations so that they can choose the most ideal pediatric orthodontics for their child. In this article, different types of pediatric orthodontics are defined and explained. Take your time to go through the entire article and get the most valuable information regarding pediatric orthodontics. This article will help you to get knowledge about different types of pediatric orthodontics options, their pros and cons and factors related to your budget. These key takeaways will help you to choose the best possible available option among all pediatric orthodontics dentistry options.
Ceramic Braces for Children’s Teeth
One of the best recommended options regarding orthodontics children’s dentistry is ceramic braces. Ceramic braces are just like metal braces but made up with the porcelain instead of porcelain. That’s why they are softer and relatively reliable for the children.Furthermore, they don’t impact the child’s confidence as they are almost invisible and there are different shades available for these ceramic braces. Parents can choose the best shade blending with their child’s teeth. This helps the child to boost his confidence while smiling in public and that’s why ceramic braces are normally preferred over the metallic braces; however, ceramic braces cost higher than the metallic braces and some people won’t go for ceramic braces but instead they prefer to go with metallic braces. On the other hand, some consumers won’t even go for ceramic braces and instead they prefer even more advanced solutions than ceramic braces such as lingual braces and Invisalign. The advanced solutions cost much more than the normal braces, but they are more reliable than the ceramic braces.
Orthodontics and children’s dentistry have been revolutionized over the past few decades. Lingual braces are one of the best braces solutions for children.Lingual braces are placed on the backside of the teeth and they are hidden behind the teeth. Hidden braces won’t disturb the child’s confidence and that’s why, experts from the pediatric orthodontics and dentistry industry suggest lingual braces for children who are why; however, there are some specific teeth conditions in which the lingual braces should be avoided. Although they work in similar manner as regular braces, it may infect the inner gums in some rare cases; therefore, you must find the ‘’pediatric orthodontics near me’’ via Google and consult with your trusted nearest orthodontist about your child’s teeth situation before going for braces or lingual braces.
Invisalign for Children
Invisalign, as the name suggests, is the invisible aligner. Invisalign is the invisible aligning tray designed for aligning the teeth. Normally adults go for the Invisalign since they feel shy to wear braces in public places. Invisalign trays can easily be weared and weared off while eating or brushing; therefore, they are much more reliable than braces. They require much more responsibility and commitment to get the proper alignment within the expected timeframe.
Given the above there is a confusion regarding Invisalign and whether they are good for children or not. There is no argument that Invisalign is reliable for every age group but there comes great responsibilities with Invisalign. Typically speaking, it is not recommended for the witty children since they would be tempted to wear them off; however, there are still some benefits of the Invisalign for the children.
Benefits of Invisalign for Children
- Normal braces are strongly connected with a metallic wire and cause disturbance while eating and cleaning teeth. Invisalign can be weared off before eating and brushing the teeth; therefore, they are good for oral cleanings.
- Invisalign won’t be appeared easily and it won’t cause any shyness and inferior complex to the children in public places.
- Metallic braces are a painful treatment since braces are bound tightly with metal wire. Children typically get hurt wearing the metallic braces but on the other hand, Invisalign is a comfortable option.
Despite all the mentioned benefits, there is a set of standards set by orthodontics children’s dentistry and things to look upon before considering Invisalign treatment for children.
- First of all, a specific child’s age should be considered before advising him to do Invisalign. Invisalign treatment works well if Invisalign is weared at all times on a daily basis; therefore, it is suggested by the pediatric orthodontics and dentistry community that a child must be older than 7 years to do Invisalign.
- Secondly, Invisalign is only recommended for those children who already have all their permanent teeth. On the other hand they work well, if the child has enough space for the Invisalign. Braces work well for the few misaligned teeth but Invisalign works well for a series of misaligned teeth.
- Then, the nature of the misaligned teeth should be observed. There are several pediatric orthodontics problems including overbites, openbites and crossbites. Some problems are well treated by the braces and the other one can be treated with the help of Invisalign.
- Considering all above steps, if an Invisalign treatment is preferred then financial options will be consulted with the dentist for the Invisalign treatment. In most cases, insurance companies don’t cover orthodontics costs, but some insurance companies may cover only the pediatric orthodontist Invisalign treatment. Therefore, an expected quote should be gotten from the nearest dentist, insurance companies should be consulted about that quote and then the treatment should be begun properly.